The Workforce Development funded youth program may be available to those who meet the following eligibility requirements:
1. Reside in the 13 county Georgia Mountains area;
2. Be between the ages of 14 and 21;
3. Meet low income eligibility requirements;
4. Have a barrier to employment such as:
* basic skills deficiency
* pregnant or parenting
YOUTH INCOME ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES (based on the previous 6 months)
Family Hall Forsyth & Dawson All Other
1 $ 5,415 $ 5,415 $ 5,415
2 $ 7,285 $ 7,285 $ 7,285
3 $ 9,368 $ 9,155 $ 9,163
4 $ 11,565 $ 11,025 $ 11,312
5 $ 13,650 $ 12,951 $ 13,349
6 $ 15,964 $ 15,149 $ 15,611
7 $ 18,278 $ 17,347 $ 17,873
8 $ 20,592 $ 19,545 $ 20,135
For each over 8, add:
$ 2,314 $ 2,198 $ 2,262
Income Level Figures Effective May 17, 2010
* Family Size - determined by the number of persons related by blood, marriage, or decree of court, who are living in a single residence, and are included in one or more of the following categories:
A). Husband, wife and dependant children.
B). A parent or guardian and dependent children
C). A husband and wife
OUT OF SCHOOL YOUTH PROGRAMS
Assistance needed to gain stable employment and economic self-sufficiency. These can include one or more of the following:
1. Occupational training in a growth and demand occupation at an approved technical school, trade school or junior college.
2. On-the-job-training where a youth can obtain marketable skills while earning an income.
3. Supportive services to assist in covering the costs of childcare, transportation, meals and fees during training.
4. Mentoring from the Workforce Development youth staff.
Youth who are applying for or attending technical college should complete the comprehensive
application. Youth attending technical college can get help with meals, transportation and daycare
costs as well as, with books and required supplies.
YOUNGER YOUTH APPLICATION
For youth applying for After School Programs, Youth Transition Programs or other partner
programs, use this application if you are applying for services to help get your GED, or if you
are currently in high school and have been referred to the after school program by your school.
Younger Youth Application
For information about any of our Workforce Development Program opportunities,
please call our office (770)538-2727