Workforce Development—Workforce Investment Board
P.O. Box 1720 Gainesville, GA 30503 · 1310 West Ridge Road Gainesville, GA 30501 · (770) 538-2626
The Georgia Mountains Workforce Investment Board (GMWIB) is responsible for providing policy guidance and exercising oversight with respect to the local workforce investment system conducted under the Workforce Investment Act in partnership with the Georgia Mountains Council of Chief Elected Officials (CCEO).
1. Developing and submitting a local plan in partnership with the local Chief Elected Official(s).
2. Participating in the development of a regional plan if local area lies within a region.
3. Designating or certifying One Stop operators with the agreement of the local Chief Elected Official(s).
4. Identifying eligible youth providers.
5. Identifying eligible training providers for adult and dislocated worker services.
6. Conducting program oversight of youth and adult local employment and training activities.
7. Negotiating with the local Chief Elected Official(s) and the Governor on local program performance measures.
8. Ensuring coordination of the Workforce Development activities with the area's economic development strategies and develop employer in the statewide workforce development system and assist these employers in meeting hiring needs through the local workforce system.
9. Establishing a Youth Council.
10. Coordinating with other workforce and economic development activities carried out in the region.
11. Building on existing local youth service organizations.
1. Representatives of the Private Sector who shall be owners of business concerns, chief executive officers of non-governmental employers or other private sector executives who have substantial management or policy representatives in business that reflect the employment opportunities of the local area;
2. Representatives or organized labor or other representatives of employees;
3. Representatives of local education agencies;
4. Representatives of economic development agencies;
5. Representatives of community-based organizations;
6. Members of the Council of Chief Elected Officials or other elected officials of the Executive Committee;
7. Representatives of the One Stop Partners.
For information about any of our Workforce Development Program opportunities,
please call our office (770)538-2727